Monday, April 14, 2008

4.10.08

Today.
Began wonderfully.
Ended not entirely awefully.
But definitely not amazingly.
The concerns of this life.
Weigh down hard on me.
The majority of the time.

I remember when things in my life began to get complicated.
Most nights before I went to sleep…crying no doubt.
And the only thing that I could say to God was…
“Please fix this, because You’re the only One who can.”
And I’d fall asleep with my eyes wide open.
At least it felt like it.

This healing process has been a long one at that.
I never thought it would take this long.
With wounds so large…only the Healer & Creator of my heart could fix.
Because He knows the very rhythm of my heartbeat.
What makes it ache.
What makes it happy.
And of course what makes it love.

Speaking of…why is it so easy to fall in love with LOVE? I wish I had the answer to this question. I am indeed a hopeless romantic despite my independence.

But back to the beginning.
These wounds are still slowly healing.
Time heals all wounds.
At least that’s what “they” say.
Who are THEY?
I’ve always wondered.
But I guess I will see if “they” were right.

I worry way too much about unimportant things & not enough about the important things. My life is completely amazing, but completely imperfect. I don’t have “it” all together. Whatever “it” is. And I never pretend to. I could be the 1st one to say that I rarely have anything together at all.

I’d rather focus on the wonderful half of the day & forget about the rest, but deep down… my heart has innumerable burdens to large for any little girl to handle.

Daddy, heal my broken heart & make it like Yours. I love you.

No comments:

About Me