Tuesday, March 4, 2008

3.2.08

If we survive
If we get out alive
I’d like to say how beautiful I think you are–the starting line



It was frightening today how much I was reminded of my senior year in high school. Tonight so many things reminded me of it & I have a feeling that this isn’t the end of it. It was as if I was having tiny flashbacks from the past. This happens every once in a while. Mostly just when I’m home & have time to think about my life. It feels so crazy because it seems like when I go certain places or do certain things, I am reminded of what was & who was with me throughout that year. The things I said. The things you said. All of the people that I held on to through those rainy nights. I think I’ve talked about this before. But…it was the best & the worst time of my life all put together in one large clump. As I was sitting there, I was thinking about some of the insane things I did & some of the amazing things that God did. I thought about volleyball & just friendships in general. I can honestly say at that time in my life, I had no doubt that people had my back. I could not have asked for a better year. I think that I had just about everything in my life that I’ll ever need. It was so far the best year of my life. Everything that I ever needed was right in front of me.

Love.
Laughter.

For a split second I think that I knew what breathing was. I felt so real. So happy. So….me. For once in my life. I miss that feeling. Sometimes I still find myself trying to stand on my feet again. It’s tough. I doubt that things will ever be like they were then. Most of the time I find myself still dreaming about it & I’ve held on to way more than I ever should have. But that’s me. Lover. Fighter. It’s in my blood. My heart still skips when I think about that year. I breathe my sighs of satisfaction. Of dissatisfaction. Of hope. Things are different, but kind of the same. I guess we’ve all changed, but the feelings that once shook me from my bitter cynicism still shake me well...you know. But I enjoyed my little blast from the past.

I wrote a lot during that time in my life. A whole lot.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I’m writing this for you, my Love
Your hands around my waist
My arms around your neck
Your face against mine
It was so perfect
I saw that look in your eyes
I knew exactly what you were thinking
You kissed my head gently
Sweetly whispered goodnight
I smiled & whispered back
And without hesitation
“I love you” came from your lips
I closed my eyes
Hoped the night would never end
And for what seemed like hours yet seconds
I felt my heart beating for the first time
For once in my life I knew what breathing felt like
I breathed in your sweet scent
You held me in your strong arms
Caressed my hair & held me tight
My lips at your fingertips
And my head against your chest
I could hear your heartbeat in rhythm with mine
The night called us home
You took my hand in yours
And sweetly promised tomorrow
I would not sleep
In fear that this was all a dream
But I woke up the next morning
Only to find you
Still holding me


.love.

No comments:

About Me